Friday 24 March 2017

For, Mum


So, it's two days till mothers day and I mean if i could shower my mum with fererro rochers and tulips everyday i would but as im getting older im realising it's more the time spent with her and the words i say or write in a card that she keeps forever than the materialistic sh*t we wrap up & give her that she looks forward to. Like, the older i get the more i seem to appreciate and value the day






Now i ain't saying i weren't a good kid growing up but i weren't an angel either. Ngl high school is actually satan's playground. So throughout my school years i went through a stage (like we all did) of going against everything my mum wanted for and from me. 



It got to the point where she would confiscate my straighteners (my most prized possession at 13), i'd borrow my friends the same day at school, bring it home and straighten my hair that night pretty much in her face. I'd forge her signature on my report cards, skip school to stay home and collect letters addressed to her from my school about stuff i'd been in trouble for and the list goes on. 
To me, my mum was public enemy number one.


It's crazy to think at that age you have so much pent up aggression towards your mum and it's a shame that it's only when you've outgrown your teenage drama queen stage, you realise everything your mum told you was right and everything she wanted for you was because: she didn't have it herself, she's been there, brought the t shirt and only wants the best for you. At the age of 22 my mum's the most important woman in my life, and i cringe thinking about how much of a cow i was to her. Don't get me wrong i could have been way worse as a kid growing up and we clash at least once a week, but honestly i believe she's heaven sent. 





And although my dad's always been in the picture and they've been married for like forever, shes always worked for everything she's ever had, encouraged me to do the same, instilled in me life lessons that i could write a book on, and been the perfect role model. I still won't make any vital decisions without calling my mum and hearing her voice and opinion before i go ahead.




I remember my mum using the phrase 'i was 16 too once you know!' on me about 2000 times a day, and me rolling my eyes thinking: 'ugh, what when the pyramids were being built?'.. Now looking back i know what she was really saying was: 'whatever your'e about to do, or wherever your about to go, i'm two steps ahead of your ass'. And she still always is.. mum's are like superhuman's it's like their brains are wired to know everything about you: lies, plans, plans about lies! But i wouldn't change a thing about my superhuman. Love ya ma!





1. Hat: Missguided
2. Hoodie: Primark
3. Skirt: & Other Stories
4. Bag: Charity Shop
5. Boots: H&M
6. Sleeveless Jacket: New Look

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig